Information and communication technology (ICT) is expected to play an increasingly pivotal role in deepening economic integration and community building across the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), transitioning towards a digitally-enabled economy that is secure, sustainable, and transformative. This project considers the development of connected smart cities for a smart ASEAN society in general and in Vietnam in particular.
A main driver for smart city development is Industry 4.0, in which ICT helps connect physical systems to the cyber-world, thereby enabling supply chain market more efficient, agile, and customer-focused. However, cyber-security risks become a key concern due to open systems with IP addresses, creating more avenues for cyber-attacks.
The project aims to provide tools to enhance cyber-security in Industry 4.0, contributing to the enhancement of information reliability for smart society. In particular, it will develop (i) an innovative method to detect cyber-security threats in Industry 4.0 using advanced deep learning technology, (ii) an unprecedented framework to protect massive Industry 4.0 data from cyber-attacks using blockchain technology, and (iii) novel security solutions at the physical interface of information transmission using physical-layer security technology.
- W Wang, DT Hoang, P Hu, Z Xiong, D Niyato, P Wang, Y Wen, D Kim, A Survey on Consensus Mechanisms and Mining Strategy Management in Blockchain Networks, IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 22328-22370, 2019.
- TV Khoa, YM Saputra, DT Hoang, NL Trung, DN Nguyen, NV Ha, E Dutkiewicz, Collaborative Learning Model for Cyberattack Detection Systems in IoT Industry 4.0, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 6-9 April, 2020, Seoul, Korea.
- BM Tuan, TD Tuyen, NL Trung, NV Ha, Autoencoder based Friendly Jamming, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 6-9 April, 2020, Seoul, Korea.
- VNU University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam
- University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Other informationCo-PI: Dr. Diep Nguyen, Adjunct professor, AVITECH